Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blog Prompt Week 6 #25

25. Expanding and improving final project: Brainstorming

1.What is the “opposite” of your final project? How can you rework your project to include the “opposite”?
                        The opposite of my project would be the start of life, a beginning. This doesnt seem as interesting because there is only one way to come into the world...but it makes me think phiosophically about what life is, chance and fate, etc. I guess everyone comes into the world in the same way, but the circumstances and stories families have to share about birthdays are all very unique.


2.  Type twenty words or phrases that relate to your project.
                       despair, peace, confusion, anxiety, calm, regret, surprise, shock, helpless, hopeless, hurt, complex, beautiful, time, place, outside, sun, confused, realization, inner peace, coming to terms, beautiful life


3. At the deepest core why do you like this project?
                      I'm kind of changing my min slightly about the project. I like the idea about the evolving self, a person is always changing and developing themselves in some way. I'd like to represent an inner battle and overcoming it, realizing you will get through things and life will go on and there is purpose, if anything to enjoy your surroundings. This probably doesn't make sense but I think no matter how you die, when it happens, if you feel happy and at peace with yourself it will will be pleasant. Not in all circumstances, but that might be my focus.  Or overcoming a personal emotional battle, not through straight narrative but representing it through body language and nature. I don't know. lol I like this project because it helps me visualize my thoughts and experiences with emotional struggles and evolving who I am and moving forward.


4. Remove something from your project. How does it change?
                     If I removed the idea of death it would change because it wouldn't be so foreign and unknown. I would know the emotions I am portraying. With death involved it is some guessing.


5. An artist who would like my project is Allyson Klutenkamper, her concepts actually inspired me to alter my project from focusing on the seconds before death, to more of thinking about death while you are still living and dealing with emotional struggles. But she would like it probably because she'd know she inspired it.


6. List assumptions about your project: Assumptions are that the viewer will have an idea about what the photos are about because our class has been sharing our work with each other.   So I have to assume that they don't and I want the images to work strongly alone, but at the same time work cohesively together.


7.  Expanding the project: Ahhh i'd love to have two people help me and money new lens and lighting! But somebody I could pay to help me so they take it seriously and try their best to help convey the project.


8. Contract the project: It is pretty much contracted right now. I'm thankful my parents have a house I can use that I am familiar with. If I didn't have the house as a setting I would have to use someone else's, convenience would be the primary downside.


9. What would your project look like 100 year ago?
            Probably very similar but the dress would be different and a pool would not be involved, it would probably be a lake. 


10. Persuade the reader the project stinks: The photos are just a girl in a dress in different parts of her house, lounging around, she looks like she has had a boring day.
        Persuading the reader it is the best project ever: You can see her emotions in every photo, from sorrow, sadness, hopelessness, to new hope, purpose, perspective, light.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment