Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blog Prompt Week 3 #11-18

11. A place from my past would be a cottage we went to in Northport, Michigan. It was the first I remember of our trips up north. It was a cute modern cottage with what seemed like hundreds of steps to get to and from lake MI. When you finally reached the beach it wasn't a beach. It was rocks upon rocks but wow the view was beautiful and the water was fun. We had a blast. There were a lot of swarming black flies too but when you are young those things don't matter.

12. There is a photograph of my brother and I holding hands, walking to the ocean. My mom took it from behind us. My grandpa is to the left of my brother reaching for his hand and my brother is looking up at him. It is precious.

13. I would make a fort, or some kind of shelter. It would be life size. I like using my imagination as i did as a kid to make found natural objects into manmade objects in my fort. I'd use a lot of stones and sticks and a pile of pine needles as my bed.

14. I like the idea of places untouched by humans, but also when humans naturally leave their mark. like a footprint or carving in the tree, ambers left from a fire, or water dripping from an umbrella.

15. Bringing past and present together I'd probably do my childhood bedroom and the bedroom I have at my apartment. They are both very intimate and comfortable spaces for me, they mean the same to me, they just hold different memories and different parts of my life.

16. “Photography can only represent the present. Once photographed, the subject becomes part of the past. Berenice Abbott
          I don't think that is necessarily true, it kind of confuses me actually because I usually when you think of a photograph you think of the past.


17. “Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer—and often the supreme disappointment.”                       Ansel Adams
           It is difficult to make a successful landscape photograph, so when you make one that becomes well known and received, it is rewarding. The disappointment may be that many people fail when they attempt to photograph landscapes.           


18.“I think photographs should be provocative and not tell you what you already know. It takes no great powers or magic to reproduce somebody's face in a photograph. The magic is in seeing people in new ways.” Duane Michals
            I agree with this quote it is very true. That is what makes photography art, opening people's eyes to a new perspective, or a new creation. They should tell the viewer something from their perspective, it may be something known, but it is in a fresh light.

No comments:

Post a Comment