Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Final Project








Written Statement

     My original idea was portraying death in numerous ways, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it in regard to the emotions and point of view for the photographs. So I started photographing at my house with the help of my brother, Steve. I set up the camera aperture and shutter speed for him and got in the water and started moving around, having him take shot after shot. The water felt so nice and I was having such a good time. The photos turned out pretty good. I then had Steve jump in the water and flail around. It made me laugh so hard, we really had a great time. That made me think...why am I focusing my attention on death, when I am alive? Why not capture the joy and freedom of the day? It was bringing back such good memories to be with my brother at the house I grew up in. So the concept I focused on from that point on was celebrating being alive and appreciating the freedom of being outside. Steven took pictures of me basking in the sun, lying on the grass. These photos I think were most successful out of the series becuase the sun on my skin looks so warm, the viewer can remember how good the sun feels on their skin. I spun around with bare feet in the grass, remembering how fun it is. It was an experience and realization within myself that I captured through the final project. I think it ended up more successful and meaningful than if I would have continued with the death series.

No comments:

Post a Comment